Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

I have to say that I enjoyed this year's Thanksgiving holiday. On Thursday, I spent most of the day playing Halo 3 on Xbox Live. I seldom have time to play video games during the school semesters, so I really took advantage of every minute that I had. Later on in the day, I helped my parents set up the tables and clean the house. My family hosted the Thanksgiving dinner, as two families from my mom's side joined us. Before we ate, we all had to share with the group what we were thankful for this year. The dinner was absolutely delicious; I won't go into specifics because I will get hungry.

On Friday, we met again at our house to eat what was left over from the day before. We had so much food that we had enough for everyone to eat. To keep my younger cousins busy, I played Super Smash Brothers Brawl on the Wii system. That game never get old and I can play it for hours. I was easy on my cousins and gave them chances to win; I didn't want to be the only one winning.

On Saturday, my sister was going to have her baby shower at my house. She will be due sometime around December 13 and will be having a girl. She decided to name her Barbara, after her husband's mother, who passed away last year. By 2:00pm I had to leave the house, so I decided to play football with some friends. We played at Hillview Park, which is just across the street from my house.

Finally, on Sunday I slept in for most of the morning. Later on, I started getting ready to go to church. Overall, I had a great time at church. The pastor gave a sermon on the theme of thanksgiving.

Vocabulary Words
Disputatious (adj.) - inclined to dispute

Mollycoddle (v.) - to treat with an excessive or absurd degree of indulgence or attention

No comments:

Post a Comment