Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bad way to start the day...

With all the stress and emotions I am going through with school and my family, the last thing I need is another thing to worry about. Well, what happened to me today did not help at all. I was on my way driving to school this morning as I usually do. The places I usually park at are along 11th Street and San Fernando or 11th Street and St. John, since they are free to park on. I was lucky to find a spot near the intersection of 11th and San Fernando, but the space was a little tight. After three attempts, I decided to find another spot. The traffic on 11th Street at 8:00am is really crazy, so I had to be careful when I was getting out of the space. After checking and realizing that the road was clear, I pulled out of the space. Then the unthinkable happened: a truck that I didn't see hit the front side of my car and completely detached the bumper.

I was shocked, angry, worried, and nervous. To make things worse, the driver that hit me did not bother to stop and kept driving. Therefore, I was unable to get a description of the driver or the license plate number. I parked on another space that was not in the way of traffic and called the police to file a report. Once the police officer arrived, I told him everything that happened and gave him my driver's license, insurance, and registration. Next, I called my insurance to let them know what happened and they told me that they would call me in 24 hours to give me the details on the repairs.

Because of this unfortunate incident, I was not able to attend my first class. It was a KIN class, but I wanted to go so bad because I was not going to this class on Tuesdays for the passed several weeks. I still managed to go attend my last two classes, but I was not in the mood to go. I am just asking God to give me the patience, peace, and strength to move on and focus on the things that are at hand. Things like the three papers I have to write within four weeks, my presentation for this class, and final exams.

Vocabulary Words
Invective (n.) - an abusive expression or speech

Voluble (adj.) - easily rolling or turning : rotating

No comments:

Post a Comment