Wednesday, November 18, 2009

2012

December 21 of 2012 is a date that is known worldwide among many religions, cultures, and philosophers. I have not seen the movie 2012 yet, but I am interested in seeing what special effects will be used to depict the "so called" end of the world. Personally, I believe that no one can predict the end of the world or the future in general. However, I do believe that the world will eventually end, as I am of Christian belief. After the recent catastrophic events such as hurricanes, tsunamis, typhoons, and earthquakes, it is hard to ignore that the end is near. There have been numerous movies that are about the end of the world, but this movie seems to draw more attention. The date originates from the Aztec calendar, which has predicted eclipses thousands of years before they occurred. The Mayans believed that the date symbolized the end of the cycle, or in other words, the end of the world. I just hope that if it happens during my lifetime, that I am close to my family.

Vocabulary Words
Impetuous (adj.) - marked by impulsive vehemence or passion

Swarthy (adj.) - of a dark color, complexion, or cast

No comments:

Post a Comment