Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SJ City Hall, Pizza, and Bowling

On Saturday September 26 of 2009, I attended an event called "Gathering of the Unashamed" that took place in San Jose City Hall. It was an event where Christian high school and college students came together for a time of worship, listening to speakers, and prayer. The event started at 5:00 PM with some music to get the people in the mood. Then some speakers volunteered to share their experiences of how God has changed their lives. At the end, we joined in prayer for the schools, our government, and all the nations of the world. The event ended around 8:00 PM. Overall, I would say that this event was worth attending.

After that, I got together with some of my friends from church and went to Round Table Pizza. I did not eat much that day, so I was really starving. Since it was eight of us, we ordered one extra large pepperoni pizza, twelve hot wings, and drinks for everyone.

To end the night, we played three games of bowling. The special of the night was $3.00 per game. Only five of us decided to play, while the rest just watched. The last time I bowled was a very long time ago, so I knew that my skills we going to be rusty. I started the first game with two gutter balls. After that, I recovered nicely and ended up in second place, while my cousin Adriana got first place. For the second game, I played a lot better and was in the lead from start to finish, as I won the game. Finally, the third game was a race between my friend David and I. After 10 frames, David and I tied for first with 87 points.

Since we came all together in one van, my cousin had to give rides to everyone back to their homes. By the time I returned home, it was 12:45AM. I had a great time though, from City Hall all the way to the final game of bowling.

Vocabulary Words
Exacerbate: to increase the severity, bitterness, or violence of (disease, ill feeling, etc.); aggravate.

Surreptitious: obtained, done, made, etc., by stealth; secret or unauthorized

No comments:

Post a Comment