Monday, September 14, 2009

Church Fundraiser

On Saturday September 12, I participated in my church's fundraiser that included a flea market and a car wash. The main reason for this fundraiser was to recover the funds that were used to reconstruct the pathway at the front entrance of the church. This event was initially planned to take place at the end of August, but it had to be delayed due to availability of people wanting to help.

The fundraiser took place at church and was scheduled to be from 9:00am-2:00pm. We agreed to meet at 6:00am to begin setting up the stands and posting signs.
It was a huge challenge for me to get up at this early in the morning, especially on a Saturday! I decided to help out and pass fliers around each block near the church. The youth group, which I am a part of, was in charge of conducting the car wash. We set up different groups with the simple assignment of either washing or drying the cars. Being one of the few licensed drivers, I was in charge of moving the cars from the washing to the drying area.

Overall, I would say that this event was a success but very tiring as well. The car wash group raised $378, which was a very satisfying amount. I do not recall how much money the flea market raised, but it was near or more than the car wash group. At the end of the day, I was glad to be able to help out for a good cause. The event ended up finishing around 3:30pm. After a very long day of hard work, I went home and thought of nothing else other than going to sleep.

Vocabulary Words
Nuisance: one that is annoying, unpleasant, or obnoxious

Enigma:
a puzzling or inexplicable occurrence or situation

No comments:

Post a Comment