Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Long Night

After I was done with work yesterday, I decided to go to Starbucks and have a coffee. I needed an extra push to help me stay awake and finish my assigned reading. I arrived at Starbucks around 8:00PM and decided to buy a grande White Chocolate Mocha. I was reading A Discourse on Voluntary Servitude by Etienne de la Boetie, which was assigned by Professor Quill of my POLS 3 class. It was a very interesting reading that talked about how nations fall victims to a single tyrant, who's only power comes from the people of those nations. He stresses throughout the book that a people should never take their freedoms for granted. So I stayed at Starbucks for a good two and a half hours until I finished the reading.

When I returned home, I decided to write my previous blog, since I was falling behind the past couple of weeks. I was still wide awake from the coffee I drank, so I had no problems finishing my blog. While I was writing the blog, I decided to watch some TV with my friend. It was around 12:00AM when I finished writing my blog.

This is when I started to worry that I was not going to get enough sleep. I showed no signs of drowsiness and did not feel tired at all. So I started talking to my friend for a while about random topics, hoping that I would start feeling sleepy. It was 1:00AM and I said to myself "What the heck, I should go to bed regardless how I feel". While in bed, I was listening to my Zune for a while, again hoping that this would help me fall asleep. Unfortunately it didn't, so I just put my Zune away and closed my eyes shut. I ended up falling asleep around 2:00AM and woke up around 7:00AM. Fortunately, the workout at the gym today gave me an extra energy boost to stay awake throughout the day.

Vocabulary Words
Jingoism (n.) - extreme chauvinism or nationalism marked especially by a belligerent foreign policy

Delate (v.) - accuse, denounce

No comments:

Post a Comment